REQUIREMENTS TO TRY-OUT FOR THE W-L FOOTBALL TEAM
- Good Academic Standing
- Proper Attendance (all absences must be excused) Unexcused tardies and unverified absences DO NOT meet this requirement.
- A positive member of the W-L community. This includes being respectful to ALL staff, fellow students, and adults in the building.
- All players need a sports physical dated after May 1, 2018 in order to play sports at Washington-Lee in the 2018-2019 school year.
- Summer conditioning will begin on July 9th from 3:30pm - 5:00pm.
- Athletes need a sports physical in order to participate in summer conditioning.
- The freshman football team will have it's first function as a parent/team meeting on Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 7:00pm in the school cafeteria.
- Any athlete who cannot attend the start date of the freshmen season must make arrangements with Coach Davis.
- On Thursday, August 2, 2018 there will be baseline concussion testing at a time TBA.
- The first on-field practice will be conditioning on Friday, August 3rd, 2018 from 4:00pm - 6:00pm.
- August 6th and 7th will be conditioning practices from 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Helmets will be handed out on August 8th at 3:00pm.
- The final day for any athlete to join the freshmen football team is August 20th.
All players need a sports physical dated after May 1, 2018 in order to play sports at Washington-Lee in the 2018-2019 school year.
Student-athletes who do not have a physical turned in will not be allowed to try-out for the football team.