Below is the link for the team cleats. These cleats have been chosen by Coach Shapiro and the team captains and are offered at a discounted team price. While not mandatory, they are strongly encouraged. The quality is excellent, especially for the cost. Please order soon, so your son is ready for the start of the season!
Please use the following link to provide the Freshman coaches your contact information.
In addition, please use the following link to purchase your son's spirit pack. The shirt, shorts, and socks are a required package. There are other items available at your discretion. Please note that all orders must be placed by August 15th.
REQUIREMENTS TO TRY-OUT FOR THE W-L FOOTBALL TEAM
- Good Academic Standing
- Proper Attendance (all absences must be excused) Unexcused tardies and unverified absences DO NOT meet this requirement.
- A positive member of the W-L community. This includes being respectful to ALL staff, fellow students, and adults in the building.
- All players need a sports physical dated after May 1, 2018 in order to play sports at Washington-Lee in the 2018-2019 school year.
- Summer conditioning will begin on July 9th from 3:30pm - 5:00pm.
- Athletes need a sports physical in order to participate in summer conditioning.
- The freshman football team will have it's first function as a parent/team meeting on Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 7:00pm in the school cafeteria.
- Any athlete who cannot attend the start date of the freshmen season must make arrangements with Coach Davis.
- On Thursday, August 2, 2018 there will be baseline concussion testing at 1:30pm.
- The first on-field practice will be conditioning on Friday, August 3rd, 2018 from 4:00pm - 6:00pm.
- August 6th and 7th will be conditioning practices from 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Helmets will be handed out on August 8th at 3:00pm.
- The final day for any athlete to join the freshmen football team is August 20th.
All players need a sports physical dated after May 1, 2018 in order to play sports at Washington-Lee in the 2018-2019 school year.
Student-athletes who do not have a physical turned in will not be allowed to try-out for the football team.
Baseline concussion testing for incoming freshman will begin at 1:30pm on August 2nd. All prospective players must have a baseline concussion test prior to beginning tryouts. Please contact Head Freshman Coach KJ Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.