CoEd Varsity Golf
Reminder - no practice today except for those that have already been notified.
No tryouts today (2/19)
Team meeting at 3:30pm - please use the link below. You each have been added to the WL Golf group on Teams - please let me know if you have not received the invite.
WL Golf meeting
Tap on the link or paste it in a browser to join.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting<https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3aee6d00b505304ae2a9d597a09e016f3f%40thread.tacv2/1612372437377?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22313708a6-b7e9-492c-ac7a-f19734f3f702%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22590253e6-ac39-4cf9-acbd-f0e453d7f000%22%7d>
Or call in (audio only)
+1 571-451-2488,,291450148#<tel:+15714512488,,291450148#> United States, Arlington
Phone Conference ID: 291 450 148#
- Collared shirt
- Jackets / Pullovers (think cold weather but functional)
- Golf / Athletic shoes (I highly recommend waterproof golf shoes, the course has been very wet all winter)
- 32oz Water
Washington–Liberty Varsity Golf
Head Golf Coach: Michael Wilkis (email@example.com – 571-424-6646)
Asst. Golf Coach:
Team Website: www.wlathletics.org (click on golf under fall sports tab)
- This Golf season runs from February – March.
- Postseason Golf runs through April.
- Try-outs are mandatory for all players – no exceptions.
- Practices are held Monday – Friday, the team schedule is available on the team’s website.
- You are expected to attend ALL practices. If you cannot attend a practice, please inform the coaches at least 1 day prior. We pay for course time, no shows count against us.
- Practices prior to school starting will be at 7:30am, unless otherwise specified on the team schedule. After school begins, practices will begin at 3:30pm.
- You are expected to be on-time for ALL team activities and remain until dismissed by the coaches. The coaches are responsible for your whereabouts during team activities.
- Golf matches are scheduled based on course availability – the season’s match schedule will be published on the school’s athletic page – www.wlathletics.org
- Due to the timing of our practices and matches, there are no buses available for transportation unless otherwise specified on the team website It is the responsibility of each player to make it to / from practice and matches.
- We are a supportive team – be ready to cheer for and support your teammates!
- We actively participate in the annual Holiday Bazaar fundraiser along with other team fundraisers throughout the school year.
- All practices and team events are required.
- All players are required to wear appropriate attire for practices and matches. This includes collared shirts for both boys and girls, golf shorts or skirts and soft spike golf shoes.
- All players should be prepared to provide their own equipment, including clubs, balls, bag and soft spike golf shoes.
- All players are required to have a general understanding of the rules and etiquette associated with the game of golf. We will spend time discussing rules and etiquette, so don’t worry if you don’t know it all now.
- We have worked hard to build a dedicated and competitive team and expect that all golfers who choose to join the team are willing to be a full and active team member and give 100%.
- We aim to have fun, but also provide a quality training and development program for team members.
- Some of our most common feedback is that members love being part of the team and the parents also feel that their kids have learned valuable lessons and were provided outstanding overall support from our program and coaching staff.
We aren’t able to have a successful season without your support. We understand that golf is a time demanding sport and getting the players to practice and matches on time is extremely important. It shows respect for their peers and coaches and helps them better understand time management and commitment. We understand that transportation issues can occur, and the coaches are here to help. Please let us know if rides to / from practices or matches are required for your golfer prior to the day of the event. Any Coach provided transportation should be to / from Washington – Liberty.
Reminder - All athletes must have their athletic clearance forms and sports physical submitted to the athletics office in order to participate in the next set of conditioning sessions with equipment once approval is received from the school. Forms can be found on the athletics main page.
Please submit them to Karen Weaver (firstname.lastname@example.org)
I will send out a notice prior to us shifting to the next set of sessions.
Reminder: Please be at East Potomac Golf Course as close to 3:30pm as possible to allow for enough warmup time. We will need to remain socially distant while in the range and putting areas so there may be delays in when you can warmup. I will be there by 3pm for anyone that wants extra time.
Due to incoming weather, Thursday's tryouts have been canceled and we are tentatively booked for day two to be on Friday February 19. Updated information will be sent out Thursday.
Please use the link below to complete your daily health screening. This is required to be submitted each day before you will be able to participate in any team sessions. I suggest you add it to your calendar as a daily reminder.
See you tomorrow!