CoEd Indoor Rifle
Are you interested in joining the Rifle Club? Coach Yates will be hosting a Prospective Rifle Club Member Meeting on Wednesday September 17 at 3:30 pm in Room 1019. Information about our mandatory orientation, which starts September 28, will be given out at the meeting.
If you are unable to attend on September 17, please contact Coach Yates at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joining the Rifle Club
- Prospective members are expected to complete a three-day orientation session, consisting of instruction in safety and marksmanship skills. In order to become a member of the club and start practice, prospective members MUST attend all three days, and complete each session. At the end of the session, you will then have an opportunity to select a practice time slot (1 hour per week).
- If you are unable to complete all three days, we will waitlist you until such time as we are able to give a makeup session. Please note that, due to high demand in previous years, we may not be able to take anyone off of the wait list.
- For the 2014-2015 season, orientation will be held as follows:
- September 28 from 1 to 6 pm
- September 29 from 5 to 9 pm
- September 30 from 5 to 9 pm
- Location: VFW, 7118 Shreve Road, Falls Church, VA 22046
- Bring a light snack; we will have a short break in the middle.
- First practice is scheduled for Tuesday, October 7 at the VFW
Please RSVP to email@example.com if you plan to attend.
- Members are expected to attend practice every week. Due to high numbers of interested students, we require that members contact us if they do not plan to come to practice on a given night. If a member does not attend for two consecutive practices and does not contact us, we will assume that he/she is no longer interested in being a member and will be removed from the roster.
- Members are expected to arrive promptly, preferably a few minutes early for their timeslot. Members may not be admitted if they are 10 or more minutes late since live fire may have started at that time; late entrance is at the discretion of the coach.
- Parents are responsible for transportation to and from practice. The coaches will publish the relay schedule with email/phone to set up carpooling if needed.
- Please wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing, preferably pants and long sleeves.
- Members are encouraged to purchase their own eye protection for shooting (available at local sporting goods stores). Prescription eyewear is sufficient for eye protection.
Washington-Lee Rifle Club: